Leading Change that Sticks
Up to 70% of organisational change initiatives fail, according to research conducted by The Ken Blanchard Companies (Training Journal, January 2010). That’s a big cost you want to avoid.
Are you facing any or all of these challenges?
- There is so much change, both in your organisation and the external environment
- Your people are becoming change fatigued
- Your people are resisting change, threatening the planned business benefits
- Your leaders aren’t skilled to lead the change and bring their teams with them on the journey
- You want to ensure this change program isn’t one of the 70% that fail
‘Leading Change that Sticks’ will get your leaders change-ready so your change program is successfully implemented and the anticipated business benefits are secured.
This program will equip your leaders to turn resistors and fare evaders into passengers and conductors by helping individuals and teams transition up the Change Capability Ladder.
Perhaps surprisingly, it’s possible that your biggest advocates for change could be part of the reason why change might fail. This program helps people understand their own change profile and their unconscious relationship to change, and how to speak the three different languages of change.
Drawing on neuroscience to understand the brain’s response to change, ‘Leading Change that Sticks’ offers knowledge and tools to thrive through change.
‘Leading Change that Sticks’ will get your leaders and teams change-ready in situations where:
- There is significant change within the organisation and the external environment.
- People are likely to resist change, threatening the planned business benefits.
- The leaders aren’t skilled to lead change and keep themselves and their teams resilient through change.
- It’s important to secure the anticipated business benefits of change with minimal impact on your people, clients and stakeholders.
This program is not for leaders who think there is a quick fix for change; who find it easy to blame others for change resistance; or who aren’t willing to be part of the solution.
This program is for leaders who:
- believe in creating a learning organisation
- accept that most people come to work to do a good job
- are willing to put in the work to understand themselves and their own unconscious change profile.
Are you ready to lead change that sticks?
It’s exciting to see our people execute on their learning so quickly. Leading Change that Sticks has given my team confidence to influence stakeholders for the change we need so we can deliver better outcomes for our customers. Within days our star change leads were implementing specific behaviours from the program, and quoting Corrinne in stand ups as they work through their change challenges.
Corrinne’s Leading Change that Sticks thought leadership is insightful and highly relevant. Even with an extensive background in a range of management of change disciplines, I still found Corrinne’s neuro-science based approach on change profiles and developing self-awareness particularly helpful when thinking about stakeholder behaviour and drivers.
Corrinne partnered with our senior leadership team here at Bank Australia to bring focus to the team’s change management practices. Her terrific workshop was invaluable in developing strategies that will work for us, can be used right away and follow up sessions embedded learning and kept it fresh. The team were highly engaged, asked lots of questions, and all provided great feedback afterwards. Corrinne is a real professional and a delight to work with. Her warm, professional style would be welcomed at all levels of any organisation that is serious about shifting the mindset on change leadership, while keeping it real.
This program has been powerful. It has given people insight into how they can contribute to the success of the change through understanding how they internalise and hear change. Staff feel more empowered and resilient within a changing environment. The ease of implementation of this program impressed me. As leaders we now have a deeper understand how to communicate about change so that everyone can hear – our staff and our clients.